Lead QA Engineer
Engineering / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We’re looking for an experienced QA Engineer to lead the QA Team in our Redwood City office. You will be hands on and direct the day-to-day operations of QA, from translating requirements into effective test cases, test planning, test automation and test execution to working with the Engineering team to resolve outstanding issues.
- Work with stakeholders in Engineering and cross-functionally to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and progressive best practices to ensure high quality product releases in suitable timeframes
- Facilitate and drive the QA process for product development teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs
- Ensure test delivery and management of QA resources, pipeline, status reporting, test plans, cases, results, test readiness reviews, post-implementation reviews
- Document and track software defects identified through testing
- Word with the Engineering team to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and career development for individual QA contributors
- Work with the QA team to further develop the test automation tools and strategy for the mobile, web applications and services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology members under the needs of the QA team
- Participate in Product and Engineering review meetings to determine status, problem areas, suggest and review actions, directing/planning necessary work, activities and tools
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our quality and testing approach
- Own iOS product testing as well as management of vendors
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year minimum management or other leadership experience
- 6 years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies
- Experience with one or more object oriented programming language
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle principles and QA methodologies
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform