Director of Finance
Finance / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Finance to play a key role in driving the strategic planning and financial analysis function to support our executive team. The primary responsibilities will be ownership of the analytical framework for strategic financial decisions and designing and managing budgeting, forecasting, and expense management processes. This role requires a highly motivated professional who is excited to combine significant exposure to all areas of our business with regular interaction with senior leadership.
- Develop and advance strategic initiatives that balance the company’s need to maintain growth while maintaining financial responsibility
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process, as well as budget vs. actuals analysis by department and key operating metrics
- Work with the Controller and other department leaders to manage budgets in order to support the company’s goals and objectives
- Ownership of cash flow modeling and scenario analyses
- Work collaboratively across business lines to help facilitate effective processes and assist in executing financial initiatives, as well as identify and implement cost savings opportunities across the company
- Drive the preparation of CEO, board, and investor presentations and report out to the board on an as needed basis
- Provide strategic support and thought leadership for our Revenue Operations and Sales teams
- 10+ years of proven success in Corporate Finance / FP&A
- Experience in Advertising industry, Digital Media companies a huge plus
- Proven success building and managing detailed financial plans and working collaboratively with senior leadership
- Experience preparing and delivering analysis for board, investor, and external stakeholder consumption
- Demonstrated experience supporting key business decisions through detailed analytics
- Ability to run and present various modeling scenarios quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Keynote/Powerpoint
- Strong academic track record with a degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
Personal Attributes & Values
- Excellent judgment and ability to make and execute on decisions for the betterment of the company
- Energy and enthusiasm: not being above getting into the trenches to collaborate effectively with all teams
- Decisive in complex business situations: have sufficient maturity and experience to recognize and react quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities
- Self-aware, reflective, and highly motivated to learn quickly and grow
- Self-starter: ability to work independently with little direction
- Able to communicate clearly: talk through difficult issues with colleagues in a concise and informative manner and make decisions
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- Metrics-driven: able to translate strategy into measurable operational goals and objectives
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform