Sales & Ad Partnerships / New York, NY, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on iOS, Android, and Web, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, video, and audio shared by both our publishers and our community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
As an Account Executive at Flipboard, you will be responsible for growing revenue from existing small to midsize accounts, and prospecting new business in a fast-paced and evolving entrepreneurial environment. You will sell into a list of accounts, and be responsible for managing campaigns from the RFP stage through the end of a campaign — working closely with Revenue Strategy, Sales Operations, Marketing, and other internal teams.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for all brands and agencies on your account list, servicing and growing the business
- Proactively prospecting small to midsize new business
- Grow small accounts and opportunities from test budgets to larger ongoing advertising commitments
- Manage small to midsize accounts from start to finish
- Partner with other cross-functional teams (Revenue Operations, Revenue Strategy) on structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives
- Articulate and update clients on Flipboard products and developments
- Educate clients and agencies on best practices for activating on the platform
- Coordinate client performance reviews & kick off calls with clients
- Hold weekly campaign review meetings with Revenue Operations
- Respond to inbound advertising inquiries
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS/BA degree
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google Documents, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Deep relationships with contacts at top-tier agencies and advertisers
- 3-4 years minimum experience in a digital media role, ideally within mobile or video
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a sales related function
- Strong programmatic knowledge/experience
- Previous tech platform experience
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up
- Driven, passionate, and an ultimate team player
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform