Get Creative in the Classroom with The Arts Metazine
Jenn de la Vega / January 5, 2016
Break the mold and use a Flipboard Magazine to engage art students digitally. According to the National Arts Education Association, the arts are essential to 21st century education to strengthen literacy, promote complex learning and develop a globally competitive workforce. Whether you’re the band director, drama teacher or fine art instructor, you’ll find ideas to integrate Flipboard with your lesson plan in this metazine.
Inside, you’ll find these live magazine examples curated by educators like you:
- Digital Arts by Mr. Fatta: Add fun graphics, source material or historical diagrams to supplement a studio classroom atmosphere. Like Mr. Fatta, you can embed your class magazines on your school website to show off your curation.
- Taiko at Lewis by Tim Lauer: Collect photos and blog posts for your music program or performance. Don’t forget schedules, notes and behind-the-scenes footage.
- Songwriting Class by Charles Ernst: Gather helpful advice, articles and quotes to motivate students on their assignments.
- A.C.H.S. Design II/III by Mia Williams: Flip a video into a magazine and prompt students to have a discussion. Here, students discuss the importance of kerning in graphic design.
- Arts Education by cguenter: Conduct research and share resources with fellow faculty, organizations or parents.
~jdlv loves art galleries
GET FLIPBOARD ON:
FOLLOW US ON: